Skip to main content

The First Trio- How Marrena joined the Mythicals (Part 2)

After a long two kilometres of walking, Zinah started to complain. "Why can’t I just air- or earth-bend myself there?"
"The wind would send the trail flying," Saryn said simply. "And the earth thing would mess it up too."
"But how far can this thing walk while shot and after a fight?" Zinah asked again, only to be shushed by Saryn.
The trail entered a cave. Firelight came out of it, casting deep, scary shadows out in the snow.
"Are you sure we should go in?" Zinah asked, scared.
"We’ll be fine." Saryn pulled out an arrow and nocked it into her bow.
Zinah gulped but slunk forward with her bodyguard.
Saryn fired the arrow. A scream filled the cavern.
"That was... not that monstrous," Saryn said, tilting her head. "Maybe..."
She was cut off by a tan blur jumping on her and knocking her down. Zinah let out a scream, but Saryn stayed calm, pulling out her sword and slicing her enemy.
The thing slowed, falling to the ground from the slash on its leg.
Saryn approached it. It did have a tail, one like a lion's. On the ends of her hands, there were sharp claws. From her angle, Saryn could see the sharp fangs in its mouth as it panted. White hair covered its face, putting it in shadow. Tan fur, bristled and dry from blood and snow, covered the rest of its body.
"Elvin sword, is it?" It asked in a feminine voice. "Heh. Neat."
Zinah, farther away, screamed. "You can talk?"
"How did you recognize it?" Saryn asked calmly, tilting her head.
"First off, darlin', I’ve seen enough metals to know which is which. Second, you’re an elf. That’s a nice accent." It said, standing up and blowing some hair out of its face. Saryn could clearly see its eyes, a cool icy blue, with a cat-like pupil.
Saryn took a step back. "You’re a Leorian."
"And a girl too." She looked at herself up and down. "Any more obvious?"
"But... aren’t Leorians extinct?" Zinah asked, approaching them cautiously.
She looked down painfully. "I don’t remember."
"I’m sorry," Zinah said quietly, looking down.
Saryn growled under her breath. "I know how it feels."
The Leorian tilted her head. "Huh?"
"My whole camp... my clan... I don’t know what happened to them. I remember arguing with my father, hearing my mother cry from that, then... " Saryn’s eyes filled with pain. "being alone, in the snow, the only thing left being my dad’s bow, with the camp in ruins."
"I remember my dad, my sis and me going to the castle, our heir to the throne running out in tears, and then being stuck in an avalanche with the heir and my sis." She said in return.
Zinah looked around. "Where are they?"
"My sister's dead." She said quickly as if she didn’t want to think about it. "The heir... haven’t seen him since. My sis and I were monslaves. We didn’t see him after the avalanche. We assumed he died." She looked down. "So everyone I’ve ever known and loved is either dead or I don’t know if they still are alive."
"I’m an orphan. My parents were murdered by the Blue Shadow and his accomplice, Tebbrin." Zinah said sadly.
The Leorian looked shocked for a split second. "I’ve meet Fu- I mean, the Blue Shadow. Once. I fought him. We called it a tie after three hours."
"Three hours?" Saryn shrieked.
"We’re tough people." She shrugged. "Takes a lot to get to us."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So about Death's Duty Calls...

I'd suggest reading this before Death's Duty Calls. Hi! Hello. If you don't know this yet I am a real human being, I'm a proud Canadian and I love writing. This play you're about to read, this play right here is mine, and it's based off my interactions with a certain friend. I won't call him out, but he'll know who he is. So yeah. Feel free to use this play. It runs about an hour and a half in length. The word use is fairly basic , but some of the themes addressed in the play are PG13 ( drinking, intimacy, homosexuality and abuse to name a few ). I, the author, suggest a high-school level audience and actors . A lot of the characters have loose looks ( looks that aren't addressed in the play ), and some are set. Here's a list of characters. Whatever is in bold  is said in-play, whatever is not is how I see them and is open to change and interpretation. Anything not mentioned is yours to decide. Jeannine "Jay" Moses - Female, h...

A.N. (Author's Note) n1

Yes, I know I’m inactive. Please don’t get mad. 😞😟😴😩 The stress is getting to me a bit. Anyways, story updates. The Mental Link Don’t expect much of an update or a P.4. It’s coming, just not soon. Interrogation See above. The First Trio The story is 80% done. I’ll publish soon... I hope... it’s already split into parts, I’m just too lazy to copy/paste. The Lady in the Mirror I know I shouldn’t be writing stories about characters who have spent all their screen time thus far being tortured by Luke. But Jackie is a Deadpool-style author, and she’s begging for attention. And the story is already thought out. I’ll be exploring two characters in a heartwarming tale. I cried when I thought of this story, actually. It’s a sweet show of innocence, love in all its forms, and human kindness. I can’t wait to finish publishing it. SNEAK PEEK- Stories coming out soon? The Guild Series Think Divergent-style but more modern high school. It’s already on draft. Inter-Dimensional...

A.N. (Author's Note) n2

Ok. I know my latest one was recent, but hear me out. So first things first- I just got a laptop, so I'll definitely be more active. Personally, I think I write better curled up in bed and on a keyboard than on my desktop or my tablet. Secondly, I'm thinking of starting an RP blog. Not a great idea, but I'm working on it. Maybe it'd be just straight fantasy centred. Ok... story updates! The Mental Link Part 4 is just out ! Really excited. Now to wait 5 months before writing the next part! 😝 Interrogation See first A.N. (scroll down for the link) The First Trio See above The Lady in the Mirror Ok, so part 3 is still... in the works. I've been having big problems lately with author's block, sadly. Don't expect much. SNEAK PEEK- Stories coming out soon? The Guild Series Forget it. Inter-Dimensional Heroes I'm still trying to wrangle the co-creators. Fifteen No, not a story about teen angst. I'll see if I have the courage to post i...