Skip to main content

So about Death's Duty Calls...

I'd suggest reading this before Death's Duty Calls.

Hi! Hello. If you don't know this yet I am a real human being, I'm a proud Canadian and I love writing. This play you're about to read, this play right here is mine, and it's based off my interactions with a certain friend. I won't call him out, but he'll know who he is. So yeah.
Feel free to use this play. It runs about an hour and a half in length. The word use is fairly basic, but some of the themes addressed in the play are PG13 (drinking, intimacy, homosexuality and abuse to name a few). I, the author, suggest a high-school level audience and actors.
A lot of the characters have loose looks (looks that aren't addressed in the play), and some are set. Here's a list of characters. Whatever is in bold is said in-play, whatever is not is how I see them and is open to change and interpretation. Anything not mentioned is yours to decide.

Jeannine "Jay" Moses- Female, hazelnut hair, bob-cut, dark eyes (brown, purple, dark green), fair skin. Wears comfortable black clothing: loose tank-top with a skin-tight long-sleeved shirt underneath, leggings, sturdy boots, belt cinched at the waist, backpack, carries a couple hidden daggers.

Jason "Finnian" Darrenth- Male, blond hair, messy and slightly longer cut, bright eyes (blue, green), pale skin. Wears chainmail armour with light clothing underneath to move around and carries with him a sabre and a bag.

Daryn Leanor- Male, brown hair, clean-cut, maple coloured skin, bright blue eyes.

Michael Darrenth- Male, red hair, pale skin, dark brown eyes, always wearing a hood.

Daniel Leanor- Male, light brown hair, clean-cut, maple coloured skin, green eyes.

Kira, Queen of Spiders- Female, long and straight black hair, purple eyes, almost white skin, long fingernails.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Death's Duty Calls, Act 2- The Queen, Part 1- The Father

Act 2 - The Queen Part 1- The Father The curtain rises on the forest. The campsite is gone. The forest is still there. Jason and Jay are walking across the scene, with their bags on their backs. They stop about one-quarter of the way across the stage, stop, and turn back.  JASON- Daryn. Pick up the pace. Daryn jogs up to them, panting. He leans against Jay, who steps back. He slips and hits the ground. DARYN, out of breath - It’s not my fault that I don’t have as much endurance as you two. JAY- You wouldn’t survive a day with Conrad and Aletha. JASON- He’s a prince. He’s soft. Daryn shoots up. DARYN- I’m not soft! I’m strong! Watch me! He pulls Jason’s sword off Jason’s belt and swings it at a tree with no effect. JASON- You’re strong-willed. That’s… good enough. DARYN- Yeah. I’m strong. He puffs out his chest and parades around Jay and Jason.  JAY, sarcastic - Ha, ha. Hilarious. C’mon. We need to get to her lair before sundown, or else fighting her will be

Author's Note 3

It's October, which means SPOOPY TIME!  Super excited already. And I know I said I would be posting more often but I've been busy and lazy so... yeah. Here are the usual story updates fellers! The Mental Link I released Part 5 back in July so Part 6 is due. I'm currently writing it, should be out soon. (By soon, I mean within a month, not within a day) Interrogation Only wrote one part to this and I probably won't write anymore unless I get pestered about it. The First Trio 3rd Part is written. Too lazy to post. The Lady in the Mirror Writer's block continues. It's coming. Eventually. SNEAK PEEK- Stories coming out soon? Inter-Dimensional Heroes CO-CREATOR HAS BEEN WRANGLED. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. Characters and backstories have been updated, and a few roleplays have been done. I'm just psyching myself to write and post these. Fifteen I just stumbled upon this like a couple weeks ago and I was like "Huh. I need to keep writing this

Dear Alien chapter 1

1 Dear Alien, If you’re reading this you have taken over me or somehow killed me. Thanks, from the bottom of my heart. This hell that is my life now can’t end. Never ends. And so you have taken out of my misery. And that’s why I thank you… Right now, I’m sitting in Alien Human Experimentation Labs. My pencil is quivering in my hand. I shouldn't be writing with a dislocated shoulder, but I don’t care.  I need to write this. I put down the pencil and roll my sore wrist. How long has it been since I’ve written? It feels like centuries. But my normal life- my life before the aliens- only ended two and a half years ago. So it’s much, much less than centuries . I turn my head to inspect my captor. He was turned with his back to me. Unusual, but I’ll take the window. I pick up my pencil again and return to my letter. I 'm a prisoner, owned by AHE. Your company, your people, your kind. Yeah, you . Thanks to you, I’ve been broken- physically and mentally- more times